Location of Neutral Safety Switch

On a 1995 MB C 280 AutoTran (Shifter between the front bucket seats) where is the neutral safety switch located? TIA.

Left side (while sitting in car) of the transmission. It may not be easily seen due to the clearance on W202. Look up into the tunnel. It should be the only part with a thick cable around there. Why are you looking for it?
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Wan-ning Tan wrote:

I have a strange non-starting problem that I thought might be connected with a bad NSS.
Intermittently the car will not start. It always turns over. Almost as if no fuel or spark but after many tries, it starts and will start many times after that only to not start at the most inopportune times. The other day, the engine turned over while in drive...which it shouldn't do. It did not start but the engine turned over. This led me to think of the NSS. It doesn't seem to be reproduceable and could be a multi-buck diagnostic job...if you know what I mean. <grin>
Thanks for your info and any further thoughts.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Are the red and green LED's on your mirror flashing when the car refuses to start?
NSS does not allow the starter or engine to turn. If it turns but not starting, it may be the anti-theft thing. My wife once accidentally pressed on the lock button on the remote before starting, then the car was armed (doors locked, red/green lights flashing, engine turning but not starting).
Kenneth P. Stox wrote:

Kenneth P. Stox wrote:

Unless I'm missing something...there are no red and green LED on mirror. This is a '95 C 280.
Should there be the LEDs ?
Does the car have remote key? Mirror contains the receiver.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Wan-ning Tan wrote:

Ahah! No remote...no tilt steering wheel either.
I'm now testing a new theory about the non-start. I turn off the key and then I shift into park. So far it starts every time..(fingers crossed)
You know, I really like the car. The 6 cylinder is sooooo smooth and powerful but I've had nothing but problems with it. Matter of fact my friends have named it "Toby" 'cause I've had it towed so many times. <grin>
Your first instinct was right. Replace the lockout switch.