Lock Stock and no Radio

The battery died the other day in my 1998 C280 which I purchased two years ago. For the life of me I can not find any type of code that the radio is requiring of me. I have looked around and found willingness to
help at the tune of 40 - 100$. Is there an easier way to get the information needed or is my only option to pay someone to tell me how to get my radio back up ? Any help would be appreciated.
I believe that if you take the VIN and proof of ownership to any MB dealership they will give you the code for free.
Josh
You are correct, Josh.
However, due to the year of the car, it is possible that the radio may have been replaced somewhere down the line and that the records at MBUSA may not have been changed to reflect this. In this case, the radio must be pulled out and then you can get the radio code using the radio's serial number. Pulling out the radio is a very simple procedure, when you have the right tool. If you must pull the radio and you do not have the tool [why should you, you are not in the business], I am sure your friendly MB store could do it for you.
You may want to tip the guy afterwards if he does not charge you.
Just my thoughts.
Monterey
Josh wrote:

I got her the code and the radio is still the same one it came with.

Karl - I sure owe you one ! Thanks so much