Looked at the 07 S550.

Page 3 of 3
Martin Kiefer wrote:

I've never been in Denmark myself but I remember a punk song from the seventies called "I hate the Dutch" (so obscure I can't even find it on Google). It went on for minutes about how bad the Dutch are and then the finale came: "There's only one type worse than them and that's the... Danes.".
Ximinez

*LOL* let me know if you find it :-)
--
Best regards
Martin Kiefer
The Spanish Inquisition wrote:

Yes, that is what we have been talking about those students in Germany. It has become apparent that more and more students are becoming 'perpetual scholars'. They would study for 10 years or so and achieve PhD only to work fewer years before collecting their pensions.
It has become a problem in Sweden, too, with more and more people 'slacking off' and taking up more of welfare system.

Well yes we have seen some of those. But you can not get more that 6 years of "scool aid". So if you wish to spend more than that you have to pay your own "welfare"...
And yes we do have a lot of people on medicalcare. But I guess that this is one of the things you get with a full blown welfare system...
I am happy with the system. It has helped my wife since she had a whip lash with our old W123 in may 2005 and she is still unable to carry out her normal job...
I think this is a little off topic in this group now ;-)
--
Best regards
Martin Kiefer

:-)
--
Best regards
Martin Kiefer
The Spanish Inquisition wrote:

Buying price for a 2006 S500 in Holland: 130.200 EURO's = $166.551
Yearly road tax: 856 EURO's = $1095 Gasoline for 15000 miles @19 mpg (24000km/1:8) 4200 EURO's = $5373 Yearly insurance (10 year damage free driver): 2500 EURO = $3198
Yearly costs: 7556 EURO = $9666 Yearly maintenance: ??? Depreciation: ??? (huge)
Ximinez
Yes, a German car magazine just did that. I need to look through to locate that article and comparison. I cannot recall which EU country is cheapest (no, it's not one of those former Eastern European countries).
The Spanish Inquisition wrote:

Hi, I have a 2000 Mercedes S500, I had the same problem, change over to the much cheaper and I think better British Dunlop SP Sport 9000 tyres, they are an utterly superb match for the S class. They are much quieter and hold the road wonderfully on the 18" wheels from Mercedes. Cost me 130GBP a tyre instead of 200GBP for the others. The new S class is a dog, you are right to leave it well alone. The most comfortable seat I've ever tried was in the Mercedes CL600 or CL55 coupe, it has in my view far more padding than the S class (clearly the price difference buys a more padded seat and more leather everywhere.)
Have a try of a CL600 and see what I mean, the dealers are doing deals as production in Germany ended in March 2006. That V12 Bi-turbo engine is a dream and makes the V8 look a little jumpy, 500 horse power and yet smooth as silk, the car of kings.
Best,
mcbrue wrote:

And how many doors does a CL have?
DAS