Looked at the 07 S550.

They take away your choice. Dutch medicine is not great, many waiting lists, bad service. We are all compulsory insured, the government decides what's covered. Thankfully we can now go to Belgium and get proper treatment, but people had to fight all the way to the European court for to get that right. Government knows best...!

Ximinez

Reply to
The Spanish Inquisition

And we go to France and Spain for 'proper' treatment...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Do they not also have national health systems?

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Yes, that is what we have been talking about those students in Germany. It has become apparent that more and more students are becoming 'perpetual scholars'. They would study for 10 years or so and achieve PhD only to work fewer years before collecting their pensions.

It has become a problem in Sweden, too, with more and more people 'slacking off' and taking up more of welfare system.

Reply to
OM

Well yes we have seen some of those. But you can not get more that 6 years of "scool aid". So if you wish to spend more than that you have to pay your own "welfare"...

And yes we do have a lot of people on medicalcare. But I guess that this is one of the things you get with a full blown welfare system...

I am happy with the system. It has helped my wife since she had a whip lash with our old W123 in may 2005 and she is still unable to carry out her normal job...

I think this is a little off topic in this group now ;-)

Reply to
Martin Kiefer

"The Spanish Inquisition" skrev i en meddelelse news:44ff0a7d$0$4523$ snipped-for-privacy@news.xsall.nl...

I think the dutch and the danish system look much alike. There has been a lot of improvements in the danish system regarden the right to choose the hospital you wish to get the treatment at. Maybe inspired from Holland?

Actuelly there are people in Denmark stating that duthmen and danes are more alike that swedes and danes...To be honestm, i do not know if this is right.

Reply to
Martin Kiefer

I've never been in Denmark myself but I remember a punk song from the seventies called "I hate the Dutch" (so obscure I can't even find it on Google). It went on for minutes about how bad the Dutch are and then the finale came: "There's only one type worse than them and that's the... Danes.".

Ximinez

Reply to
The Spanish Inquisition

Certainly, but they are viewed in many quarters as being superior (EU's best hospitals in Spain, e.g., something I personally find hard to believe, but I have not been in even one).

Still their financial deficits are probably not less impressive than ours. Wait for howls of protest as the French system gets trimed.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

"The Spanish Inquisition" skrev i en meddelelse news:450116e9$0$4514$ snipped-for-privacy@news.xsall.nl...