looking at buying a 1994 c280

The wife and I looked at a nice clean 1994 C240 last night. I needs the rear brake rotors turned or replaced, but asides from that and a pushed in window lock button, this thing appears to be in great
condition.
Our main concern is the cost of maintaining a M-B. This will be our first, so we are a little leary. I will be using it for a daily commute of aprox 190miles. Which will be about 1000 miles a week.
They wife has been doing a lot of online research and seeing a lot of people complaining about the quality drop in the M-B in the mid 90's. Did the C280 suffer from this as well?
Would we be insane to purchase this car as a commuter that will see 1k miles a week? Will i quickly outspend the milage allowance I get?
thanks,
dan