Looking for TG

Hi TG,

You were recommended as being knowledgeable about Mercedes. I had an oil change and since then I have not been able to shut the engine off. Tiger and Bill have offered suggestions which I have tried but still can't seem to fine the cause. Can you help?

Reply to
MTtracy

I assume your diesel is a mid-80s or earlier model, all of which are shut down by a vacuum powered bellows inside the injection pump.

I suspect someone disconnected the vacuum line - probably brown plastic

- from the shut down device which is located at the aft end of the injection pump; it's very near the oil filter housing.

So look for a dangling vacuum line and the metal fitting on the shut down device where it should be attached.

Attach it and all will be normal.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach