Lost Key

I'm looking for advice about how to replace a lost key to my 2001 E320. Never lost one of this type before and I hear it's verrry expensive to replace. Do I have to get it from my MBZ dealer? Any advice will be
appreciated.
Read this thread all the way through. People have been getting the nice new chrome key for a very reasonable price by ordering it online through a parts company that really is a front for a dealership.
http://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t 6063

MB pricing is a mystery. When I ordered my SLK it was only 110 extra for the 7 speed sports transmission but a massive 470 to have the roll bars covered in leather to match the seats!