Low idle and oil pressure when engine warms up

Hello all,
I have recently seen a low idle and oil pressure with my 1993 190E 2.3L when the temperature is above 80C and the car is idling. The rpms
which usually at 7000 rpms at idle get to 5000 and below 5000, the engine is ready to stall. The oil pressure shows at 1 bar and slightly below one bar. The car has 170K miles on it.
Any ideas?
Perhaps you have a bad (or hopefully just plugged) idle control valve. I've read that sometimes these can be cleaned out with carb. cleaner - otherwise a new one is more than $200USD.
Josh
"CP" wrote:

please check your idle valve vaccum hoses, relay fuses and your coil.
Good luck :D
I would add a fuel injector cleaner to the gasoline first to see if it clears up this problem.Ventil Sauber is my preference since it also contains naphta which is very good for removing carbon deposits. Peter

"The rpms which usually at 7000 rpms at idle get to 5000 and below 5000, the engine is ready to stall. "
If it's idling at 7000 RPMs either its a jet engine or something is very wrong.

I would hate to put that car into drive or reverse with an idle speed of 7000, drag racing maybe :>)
I meant to say 700 rpms. I was off by a factor of 10.