Low on Gas...no AC?

Got a 1998 c230, and noticed when my gas tank is near empty("low fuel" light is on or almost on) my the AC compressor wont engage. This isn't really a big problem since all I have to do is add gas, but was
just wondering if this is normal.
Could be the car is trying to save you from running out of gas by not letting you run the gas guzzling AC.
-Adam

Re: Low on Gas...no AC?
THANK GOD the heat doesn't turn off in the plane when were running low. damn cold at 20,000 feet! it does use fuel but not at an alarming rate. ALL TANKS are filled at every landing what ever the cost. i fill my car when its 1/2 full old school i guess.
case
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Could be the car is trying to save you from running out of gas by not letting you run the gas guzzling AC. -Adam xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Got a 1998 c230, and noticed when my gas tank is near empty("low fuel" light is on or almost on) my the AC compressor wont engage. This isn't really a big problem since all I have to do is add gas, but was just wondering if this is normal.
the case, minus a few cans!
I wasn't stating that as fact, just giving a possibility. There is no other link that I can think of that would cause a lack of AC when the gas tank is low other than the car doing it deliberately. I'm also talking when the gas is extremely low that this would be logical, like less than 5 miles worth left.
-Adam

Re: Low on Gas...no AC? I wasn't stating that as fact, just giving a possibility. There is no other link that I can think of that would cause a lack of AC when the gas tank is low other than the car doing it deliberately. I'm also talking when the gas is extremely low that this would be logical, like less than 5 miles worth left. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx well nothing makes sence on cars any more. bet your right!
the case, minus a few cans!
I wonder MB's engineer has designed it like that.
Just talked to a friend about his 95 E-class. The vaccum thingee that controls the gas lid was out of order, he could not fill the tank. He could not find any way to open the lid. The car was towed back to Auckland. :(

There is a pull cord to release the gas filler lid inside the trunk of my 86. I am sure a 95 would have it also.