Lust List

I am putting together a Lust List for my eventual Benz collection.
First on my list is a car I used to own, 1994 320E. Loved that car.
But I also love the 560sl . Is there a range of years that are
particularly desirable. I'm not thinking in terms of collectors value so much as reliabilty, as well as years that I should avoid.
The latest years of the body style are the best. Mileage must be within the average mileage or otherwise, there are alot of wear and tears.