M3 BMW or SLK350

I own a 99 BMW M3 convertible and a, looking to upgrade it to a new car..am stuck between a new M3Conv or an SLK350..I know the shortcomings of an M3...however to buy a newly created model worries me..My M3has never had a
thing wrong with it in the 5 years i owned it...any comments??

"Eliminate annoying spam!
How many seats do you need? The SLK is a definite 2-seater with room for a golf bag. But a stylish solid convertible roof.
Two very different cars, I would say.
No car is perfect.
Do test drives.
DAS
in 5 years one person sat in the back seat...i got an M3 originally cause the Porsche salesman was such a ****, went across the street and ....

"Eliminate annoying spam!

car..am
What do you mean by newly created? The E46 M3 isn't new, and the E90 M3 isn't coming until 2005.
-Russ.

He is referring to the SLK

car..am
Well , the M3 is on big advantage , M3 is expensive, but it"s worth it, the SLK 350 is new , but the sport felling is very low compare to M3, the SLK 350 is a great roadster , perfomance are very like ( M3 ( 5,4 ) , SLK 350 ( 5,6 ) ), but the RPM are on a BMW side :-), but i assume that normal car enthusiast woudn"t take any second to think , and to see which is better .
-- Live with ideas........... Baluba cucine Novo u Splitu! www.baluba-cucine.com Lovretska 10

You might test drive a BMW Z4 3.0 as the performance should be similar to your M3 and the storage space is better than the SLK.
Tom

????? M3 321 bhp (99") Z4 3.0 231 bhp The numbers are closely similar :-) , but perfomance ? No way
-- Live with ideas........... Baluba cucine Novo u Splitu! www.baluba-cucine.com Lovretska 10

Actually.... if you compare the paper figures of an M3 cab. and a Z4 they are suprisingly similar, only .4s on 0-60 and nothing in 50-75 in 4th... what it doesn't say is that 50-75 when you work through the gears is a damn sight quicker in an M3! Also, BMW performance figures seem very conservative. I know and have seen a standard M3 hit 60 in 4.8 and my cab isn't that much slower, unless I have the kids in the back!
For me there is no competition, I've never owned an MB but have driven C and E classes and SLs. I'd stick with an M3 any day.

IIRC, the '99 M3 was the E36 with 240 HP in the U.S. The Z4 is rated at 225 and I assumed the OP was North American.
Tom K.

225
That is another story , then they are similar , in Europe , the M3 E36 cabrio , in the first edition had "only" 286 bhp , and in the second edition had 321 bhp . Z4 3.0 is 231 hp , and 5.8 sec do 100 km/h .
-- First man then machine...........Honda S2000