months MOT and is in really good shape. I knew it had service history when I bought it but that has given me a dilemma. Getting it home I find it was serviced according to the MB book until 113,000 in 1998. It has done 3,000 more miles and had about 2,000 spent on it in 98/99, apparently stored ever since (I got it with 98 tax disc on). So, I could easily just take up servicing at MB garages where it left off, but this seems like a lot to spend on a car that cost so little and that I exepcted to maintain myself.
Should I DIY or should I maintain service history? Any thoughts anyone? Antony
It's my first MB, by the way, and I love it
On 2005-01-13 01:54:50 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@rbi.co.uk said:

Forget about the dealer unless you intend to spend many thousands of sheckels on it.
If you have the skills and time DIY and avoid the stealership. Are there any good independents? Inquire.
--

73
Hank WD5JFR
"Martin Joseph" < snipped-for-privacy@barknaturalpet.com> wrote in message
Martin Joseph wrote:

The 123 is much easier to DIY than the 124, besides, no car past 10 years is worth the trip to the MB (st)ealership for servicing.
Recommend you get the Haynes manual, and find a good indie (preferably one that drives one himself) for the big jobs.
BTW, remember to check all the rubber bits, these harden, and 5 years in storage *will* weaken them.
Cheers, WS
--
Change to leews to mail.

I'd DIY and keep records of the work that I've done - for my own edification more than for resale as you'll not sell it any time soon.
Good luck with it!