Maintenance Bait and Switch

I just brought my 2002 S500 in for a second A service and a coolant flush. My maintenance guide (which provides free maintenance for 4 years/50,000 miles) requires a coolant flush at three years. My service advisor informs me that the Mercedes Coolant Flush requirement has been "changed" to 15 years/150,000 miles. What the hell is that all about?

Reply to
DaFlaBear

Hmmmm ... shades of gud ole Jerkin Shrimp!!!!!! Now of course they do have to lay off 6000 white collar employees, perhaps the ones who write the procedures for the services required ? Oh slap my hand! What ever could make me so paranoid about such innocent folk????

mcbrue suspectingtheworstly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
mcbrue

My dealer because they are reputable, honored what was in my warranty/maintenance book. But if ANYBODY thinks a car can go 15 years/150,000 miles without a coolant flush they are crazy. It's just one more reason why I'm going to the ls460l instead of a S550.

Reply to
DaFlaBear

Heck, I don't believe you can get 15 years/150K miles out of other major coolant parts like the radiator or pump.

Reply to
Josh

LOL! I agree.

I think thats the plan exactly.