Maintenance manual for 300SD

Hi all,

Just finished putting a coat of Zymol on my new '84 300SD. Another two are going on it in the morning. Threw out my arm already, but it's good workout.

Quick question: where do I find maintenance manual for a 300SD? I need a step-by-step on oil changes, valve adjustment, and general information about car's various systems and where everything is.

Answer much appreciated [Mia winks at T. G. Lambach]

Thanks.

Mia J.

Reply to
Mia

Mercedes-Benz themselves, performanceproducts.com, adsitco.com, or copies of those same service CD's on ebay.

Reply to
marlinspike

If you're serious about DIY you'll buy a used paper maintenance manual - probably from someone on e-bay. Do not buy a Haynes manual for it attempts to cover too many models and so omits too much detail. I'll email you, not the NG, valve adjustment instructions.

Oil changes are not difficult but can be messy. Oil is drained out the bottom (drain plug) and the oil filter is inside the metal container on the left rear of the engine that has two nuts clamping its cover. The oil filter elements can be bought for on-line M-B parts houses. Use only diesel grade oil; its designed to keep the soot in suspension. 7.5L is the refill, change it after 5K miles.*

*
Reply to
T.G. Lambach