Maintenance No Longer Included on New Mercedes

These guys are shooting themselves in the foot with this policy. I just looked at at some new Jaguars yesterday and the salesman reminded me of it. Every luxury car includes maintenance except Mercedes, how arrogant. I'm going to buy a 2006 luxury car in the fall to replace my 2002 S500, if Mercedes doesn't change their policy on comp maintenance it won't be a Mercedes.

Reply to
DaFlaBear

So what is the big deal..........You are not buying a cheap car, so you should be able to maintain it... One way or the other you are going to pay for maintaenance...remember there is nothing free.... My two cents Peter

Reply to
Peter W Peternouschek

- snip - :-))

what maintenance?? oil change?? wind shield wipers? give me a break. Considering I 'WILL' pay for it in a new car..... count me out.

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Count me out of what? Buying a new MB? Your money, your choice.

BTW wiper blades were part of the free maintenance service from 2000 to 2002. MB stopped paying for them on B services in 2003. This is in the USA, not sure how MBCanada did it.

If you feel that since YOU are paying for the car then you should pay for the maintenance, fine, you are agreeing with the majority of the people that bought 04 and 05 MB's.

If you feel that since YOU are paying for the car then MB should pay for the services, too bad. When you buy a house for a WHOLE lot more money, what is paid for during the 1st 4 years??? 'Hey, as a buyer for this fine $400,000 home, we are going to pay the interest payments for the 1st 4 years just so you won't buy our competitors house.' Yeah, right. Reality sucks, doesn't it?

Reply to
Karl

'Hey, as a buyer for this fine $400,000 home, we are going to pay the interest payments for the 1st 4 years just so you won't buy our competitors house.' Yeah, right. Reality sucks, doesn't it?

I certainly do understand those customers who don't want to pay extra for a maintenance at the time of purchase. I suppose this is why the survey came out the way it did?

Being competitive in luxury goods business is ALL about kissing some serious customer behind. "free" maintenance is not optional in this regard IMO.

Reply to
Martin Joseph

This is very true. It's all about perception though...

Reply to
Martin Joseph

You want to play,you have to pay!

Reply to
CaptainW116

free maintenance .... somehow, somewhere, surely we want to be 'in touch' with our car .., something that to some extend the basic maintenance does. However, I do know people who have absolutely no idea of what happens when they've turned the ignition key to make the car go ......

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

This is true but I would guess that one thing that is attractive is being spared the annoyance of dealing with the maintenance.

The money may be less important than the bother.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Personally I like to manage my own maintenance. At least I know it gets done. Free or included maintenance is usually very basic and the absolute minimum.

Reply to
Peter W Peternouschek

$400,000 house analogy makes no sense whats so ever to me

Reply to
Dana

services, too bad.

1st 4 years???

interest payments for the

Reality sucks, doesn't it?

What then is a good analogy to you?

Buying a Yugo with rear window defroster so you have something to keep your hands warm when you push it?

To a lot of people, spending $100,000 + for a car is a lot of money. I guess it is chump change to you?

Reply to
Karl

You still need the maintenance, whether MB pays for it or you do.

Does this mean since you are paying for it, screw it ...... it is not getting done?

Folks, a MB is not a Toyota or a Honda. They require upkeep. The people who lease a Nissan for 4 or

5 years don't even change the oil!!!
Reply to
Karl

This seems to be a real issue. But I hear more complaints about dealer misdiagnosis than about vehicle issues. And it's no wonder Lexus has a solid niche. (They seem not smart enough to grow it any larger, though they won their place.)

At least they were never as bad as the early 80s BMW line and some of those Jags.

Reply to
Cheesehead

???? Look for Toyota to become the #1 car company in the world in the next 18 months...

Reply to
Martin Joseph

I wonder if Japan will come under pressure to stop artificially depressing the value of the yen.

Of course if they did that, we would buy less from Japan, our interest rates would go up, our house prices would crash, fun, fun, fun.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

I had an early 80s Jag, a great handling car but unfortunately, it spent more time on the tow truck than on the road.

With three Mercedes over the past few years - 240D, 380SL, SL320 - I've spent less than two thousand dollars total for mechanical repairs, so I'm entirely satisfied with the quality of the cars. I have yet to find dealer service anywhere, though, that is worth a damn, which is why I've been having my cars worked on by independent shops.

Canoli

Reply to
canoli

-Dana

Reply to
Dana

Many of the toyota vehicles sold in this country are made here, so the yen has little or nothing at all to do with there price.

But yes there are some interesting potential monetary catastrophes awaiting...

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Isn't that just like M$ always providing low estimates of quarterly profits only to always exceed the estimate, giving the appearance of a prosperity that is part real and part perception?

But look at the parity now. A lot of American assembly with both Jp & De engineering. We've got some awsome quality vehicles over here these days. And good used vehicles provide some real bargains. So I'm thanksful for wasteful, rich people. Sometimes I can afford their left-overs.

Collin KC8TKA

Reply to
Cheesehead