Manual for '83 240 Diesel

Hi all,

I just picked up an' 83 240 D with a WVO (waste veggie oil) supplemental fuel system and I'll be doing the clutch along with whatever other maintenance comes along. Can anyone recommend a good manual for this car.

Thanks,

Andy

Reply to
moon161

I have biought a CD off of ebay for it. It was absolutely horrible. totally useless. I have also bought the Haynes manual. It doesn't have every procedure, but should definitely have the clutch, and even though it is not as thorough as some other manuals I have read, it is thorough enough to work. I own a Haynes for all of my cars. You can get them at all of the cheap parts places too. I got lucky and the first store I looked in had a copy. I dont' know how much luck you wil have finding one for the w123 without special ordering it though.

Reply to
weelliott

I got mine off of EBay. Sometimes they go for outrageous prices but if you are patient you can find good deals.

Reply to
Up North

The best one are printed manual... MB service manual that is... on ebay. They may be expensive at time... there is also the CD version too.

Reply to
Tiger

I bought a Haynes manual and a Chilton manual for my 84 300D from Walmart.com. They were $12 or $14 a piece, and arrived in a couple of days (maybe 3). However, I did see the same Haynes manual at Autozone last time I was in there for $15. The Haynes covers all the diesel models from 80 to 86 (?85). So it definitely would have yours in there. The chilton manual is all of the w123 styles and is quite a bit more general (i.e. its isn't really helpful).

Send me an email and I can send you some PDF's of the clutch procedure if you can't find a manual in your area.

Tiger, do you happen to have a version on CD?

Reply to
DougS

Well, if the 123 manual is only $20 from Mercedes (the previous thread), then I think I'll just get one from them. That's not a bad deal at all.

Reply to
DougS

Part # QL 6516 5610 02

Reply to
Karl

I am new to Mercedes. I traded for a 84 300D. Anyway I have done various repairs on autos and I bought the shop manual on CD. The pixs suck and overall I am not pleased. I think I would have been better with the paper version. I plan on buying a Haynes version.

My two cents.

Jeff

Reply to
jefftino