Manuals? CD?

I've got a 2001 E320, but MB claims they won't sell the manual set in paper or on CD till the warranty period is over. Are there any other sources for this kind of thing?
Thanks!
I wanted to get manuals for my 99 E300TD and ran into the same problem. However, MB said that they will release the DVD for the E class in Jan'05. You will be able to download the info or buy it on the StarTek MB site, for a subscription fee. http://www.startekinfo.com/StarTek / Raj
<William P.N. Smith> wrote in message

Try Ebay. I got a complete service manual set on CD for $30. They work really well and I am completely satisfied. I have a 1998 C230.
Davehd
<William P.N. Smith> wrote in message

I read that some of CDs are junk. Who was your Ebay seller? TIA

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 04:13:10 -0500, "Alfred" wrote:

I guess that's relative to working on a car with no manual. Me, I prefer a Haynes manual that you can leave open on top of the air filter when you're working. Although a CD sure is better than nothing in my opinion YMMV :) Mike
--
W126 300SE
W115 220/8

THe best DVD is the WIS

I bought the official 190 Mercedes CD from an Ebay seller. It is better then nothing, but it is very confused and the pictures are terrible quality(halftoned and scanned).
I was hoping to get a manual more like the manual I got with my 1978 320i. WOW! That was a beautiful publication....
Marty
PS So what if the book gets dirty? Paper is better IMO.

Speaking of which, if I were to try to sell the full manual set for my model 124 Diesel, is it OK to post a pointer to an eBay auction here?
Thanks!
On 2004-11-29 06:44:29 -0800, William P.N. Smith said:

Sure! It would be good to put a FS (for sale at the begining of the subject), but that would be on topic at least, compared to a lot of garbage that appears here.
Marty