Marketing Tactics?

July 9, 2003 NY Times headline:

American Cars Show Gains in a Survey of Dependability By DANNY HAKIM Mercedes-Benz fell behind its sister brand Chrysler in a report on vehicle dependability, while General Motors surged.

________ I guess you get what you pay for, huh? Anyone with any common sense at all knows that EVERYTHING is about marketing and separating you from your money. Imho. Helen

Reply to
Helen

What's this? An American newspaper puffing up local produce over that made by the evil, terrorist-supporting peacnik Krauts. Surely not! DD

Reply to
Stratman

What's this? An American newspaper puffing up local produce

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ I don't think they were puffiing up anything. I think the NY Times was printing the JD Powers owners survey. MB came in way down the list in owner satisfaction. What a surprise. They are not building the MBs the way they did in years past. Too many gadgets, too many problems. Let me know next time you see the NY Times puff up anything good about America. That bunch of wacked out liberals should be spending more time teaching their reporters how to write the truth and less time on ther left-wing agenda editorial page.
Reply to
Rockman59

Reply to
Chris O'Malley

( emoticon of amusement )

I was wondering the same thing.

I thought for a moment that maybe this had been crossposted to far right newsgroup.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Unfortunately , it seems, both. The bit about the Times isn't exaclty news, but the apparent slippage of MB quality is to those of us who are still driving the older models. There was a day when you could buy pretty much any MB and know that it would run forever.... The stories from owners of new MB's on this board are truly disheartening. ...

Reply to
Chris O'Malley

What do you really expect? You are now faced with a cut-throat market where saving every penny counts, technology marches on relentlessly and cars get more and more crammed into them while the real cost of buying one drops. Its simple, if you pay less and get more then money has to be saved somewhere, so gone are the individual wood trims with the right number of holes in for your switchgear and instead you have rows of blanking switches, things look/feel cheaper, material qualities are lower. C'est la vie...

Reply to
miknik