Maybach 62 limo pictures from Amelia Island Councours

The show was nearly a month ago and I still have several thousand (damn modern technology and cheap flash cards) pictures to categorize, so here is only the first installment,
pictures o fthe Maybach 62 limo. It really does make all other super luxury cars look really really stupid.
No, that's not me in any of the photos, which were taken by several people.
http://ai.mbz.org/2004/cars/Maybach /
snipped-for-privacy@vrx.news (Richard Sexton) haute in die Tasten:

It definitely is a matter of taste, but having inspected one closely at the Maybach showroom in Munich (including the interior), I must say that I am not at all amazed by that car. If I had to choose between this car and a new Rolls Royce, I'd probably choose the Rolls instead (or a S600L and a SL55AMG Kompressor, both fully loaded). Hint: You have to see the new Rolls in real life to know what I am talking about. Pictures do not tell the whole story.
Frank

All I have seen is pictures of the new Roller and from what I have seen, the biggest hurdle will be convincing people they look good. Still one will not be in my price range for the foreseeable future, or even the unforeseeable future.
Frank Kemper wrote:

All the new Rolls, Bently, Lambo, and God knows what else was there. Nobody seemd to care, the Maybach drew all the attention.
I reall don't like the look of the new Rolls at all. It looks very silly.
In (Richard Sexton) haute in die Tasten:

agreed
I saw a new Rolls last weekend prowling the streets of Liverpool, and I have to say I thought it looked rather good, in a mean kind of way. Doesn't have the patrician splendour of the old Turbo R, the new one somehow seems more Al Capone style, like it'd slap you down if you strayed into it's lane. Bit like the S classes used to be.
The Maybach, on the other hand, looks bloody awful. Are you sure they weren't looking at it and thinking "Why??????"
--
Pete M

Alfa 164 TS,

I saw a 57 at this year's Stanford Concours d'Elegance, and another in the showroom of my local Mercedes dealership. It's certainly impressive, but like the 747, I find it more imposing than beautiful. The one at the dealership was stickered at $320,600.00.

I'll keep an open mind until I do. Based on the pictures I've seen in the car magazines, I'm not impressed; it strikes me as slab-sided and -fronted, like a refrigerator on wheels. It reminds me of the vehicle in the 1977 horror flick "The Car":     http://www.monstersinmotion.com/ships/thecar1.html
Personally, if I were going to choose a sedan in that rare- fied price range, I'd opt for a Bentley Arnage. A comfy, high seating position, 5,700 lbs. of road-hugging weight, all the power in the world, and an interior that resembles a London gentlemen's club -- not to mention a touch of dash that no Rolls or Maybach can match. What's not to like?
Geoff
--
"Trying to win an argument with an irrational person
is like trying to teach a cat to snorkel by providing

the
Rolls
To me the new Rolls looks like what a RR would look like if designed by Bruce McCall. http://tinyurl.com/2zjxa
YMMV, IMHO, &c, &c.
John M. '94 E320. Not exactly sleek, either

Excellent! That's the best description of that monstrosity I've seen yet.
speaking of Bruce McCall, I still have a copy of that issue of NatLamp from the Seventies with the spread about the 1958 Bulgemobile.
Geoff
--
"Fighter pilots make movies.
Bomber pilots make history."