Maybach ends 2013

Maybach ends in 2013.

I wondered why... and why so far in advance notice too.
Tiger schrieb:

The post was not intended for the newsgroup... ==:-((
But ok, it of course is due to lack of sales, sales being almost not existent anymore. Figures are even worse than the extremely bad official figures - in reality sales came nearly to stillstand. Billions sunk in the brand. No light to be seen at the end of the tunnel. Absolutely none - totally dark. Even darker...
That's of course no official info. Decision still reversible until 2010, but only in case world economy will get much - much! - better until then. So chance is - well, I leave that to one's imagination, 2009 will be bad...
Oh, and don't get fooled by the fact the Maybach 57 and 62 will have a face-lift for 2010, that doesn't have anything to do with the 2013 end.
And two additional remarks: Internally it is clear it was a big mistake to name these beasts Maybach, and not Mercedes Maybach as initially planned. And it is also clear a smaller Maybach would have had to be on the road since at least two years, this would have given the chance to save the Maybach brand. But buyers in the 150.000 to 200.000/250.000 range in numbers bought Bentley - every Bentley Continental sold is big $$$ in Volkswagen's pockets (a derivate of the VW Phaeton platform), but on the other hand is missing in Mercedes'.
For other than the "See How Rich I Am" factor I never did see the point. And many rich people are not that stupid
A top-of-the-line S Class cost a fraction.
DAS
"Juergen." < snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.uni-berlin.de...
Thats nuts. I got to play in a Maybach at the 05 Amelia Island concours and there wasnt a brand new rolls or bentley that could compare with the maybach in any sense.

Maybe the rumored tie-up with Aston-Martin? Could a new Lagonda be taking its place?