Maybe Mercedes related but quite funny

You folks might find this amusing.
We need a bit of redcoration done inthe house following some building work so we asked my brother in law (who is a painter and decorator but lives too
far away to be able to do the job) how much it would be likely to cost. He said he would charge about 200 to 300 for the job, and he is not at the cheap end of the scale. Its some fairly basic repainting and some painting of new plaster. A days work, maybe two half days as they might need to leave some stuff to dry.
So..... we got three painters out to give us an estimate and their prices ranged from 600 to 900.
[punchline] I phoned my brother in law back and he says it would have been 200 if I had parked the Mercs round the corner when they came!
That is a GOOD tip.
Trouble is my neighbours park in the same area and they have a Grand Cherokee and Range Rover and Smart...
Just have to make sure the big cars are out when someone comes to give an estimate....
DAS

OK, I got someone else in today (srprising as its Easter Sunday). One car was alreayd away and I moved the other two.
Estimate 240
Bingo!
...and that makes it an Happy Easter or, at least, an Happy Gordon..
DAS
"Gordon Hudson" < snipped-for-privacy@usenet3.hostroute.co.uk> wrote in message
news:444242ba$0$659$ snipped-for-privacy@news.aaisp.net.uk...
On 2006-04-16 06:12:23 -0700, "Gordon Hudson"

LOL! Good story, I keep an old buick or two out front of the house just for this reason ;~)
Graet idea but: the cost of keeping it/them taxed and insured is still worthwhile? Or maybe you don't keep them on the public road?
DAS