MB 1976 SEL 4.5 Liter { warm hard start }

The car starts just fine cold, starting warm takes a very long time,like it's not getting any gas. After the cars starts it runs fine. Any ideas ?

Replace the fuel accumulator and the fuel filter. Your hard start problem will be solved. If the fuel pump is making a buzzing sound, get a new one.
If you do not purchase a F/A and F/F you will need a new starter.
My mechanic is says my crank seal needs replacement because it is leaking. How important is it to do this immediately. I do not notice any oil usage. The car is a 300 SD 1982 with 234,000 miles or so.
Thank for your response.
Jerry

There's two reasons to change it: 1) you don't like the idea of oil dripping out 2) your mechanic needs a new truck.
It can drip like that forever as long as the oil level is kept up.
Keep in mind though fonr and rear main seals usually leak because compression gasses leaking through are pushing out oil. If there's enough blowby this is happening to can replace them both with new ones (not cheap) and the new ones will leak as well.
The front main seal isn't too terrible to replace although it's non-trivial. The back one is a pig.