MB 350 SDL Engine.

Can anyone tell me the difference between 603970 engine and 603010 engine.
thank you karl

Where are you seeing 603010? As a stamped-in engine number? Or as a casting number on the block? Or as a part number on parts?
603970 came in 126.125 350SDL cars. 603971 came in the 140 body cars.

I had to swap engine last year , and in the paper work it says engine 603 970 out, and 603 010 in.

Was it a MB exchange engine? Or a good used one? If it was a good used one, look for the original engine number stamped into the block.

The full number on the engine it self says 603010 4702. It is a factory new eng. from Germany. karl

Is that on the riveted-on plate on the engine? If yes, that is the part number. The tech is/was supposed to transfer your engine number over from your old engine to the new engine. Only factory exchange engines get the riveted-on ID plate.
In the MB time guide, operation number 01-4280 pays .3 to: Engine Serial Number (engine removed) Transfer
Who put the engine in? A MB dealer or an independant shop? Someone did not know......

It was an independent shop. k