MB 400 CDI

There seems to be lot of MB E/S 400 CDI cars having engine changed or broken.
Does anyone know what kind of engine problems there are with these cars?
Reg: Harri
This brute of an engine is not offered in the USA but we look forward to the new 3.0L V-6 diesel!
I think there may be a new 4 liter as well.
Hopefully that will make it to the USA.
.
greek_philosophizer wrote:

Sure. But is there any knowledge about what's wrong with the older V8 diesel as it seems to be changed or repaired quite often with low mileage?
Reg: Harri