MB C220 Front Crankshaft OIl Seal

Has anyone tried changing the CF oil seal on a C220 or C class or any class MB? How did it turn out and whats a damper?
Thanks.

The "harmonic damper" is the thick looking disc between the crankshaft pulley and the motor. It's mounted on the crankshaft and may need to be removed to get to the front oil seal (that's NOT an instruction but rather a supposition).
Thanks. Sorry about my abbreviation for crankshaft. Shoulda been CS. Anyway, can someone share how the process went when they replaced the seal. Will oil leak out when the seal is removed? do I have to drain the oil first?
thanks
The oil is in the oil pan or sump - the crankshaft isn't swimming in the oil. So the answer is no, oil won't pour out when the seal is removed.
The trick to these jobs is the special tools needed, if any, to remove the pulley, damper etc. and any special tool to place the new seal into its cavity. That's what you need to know before even ordering the seal.
I believe the only tools needed to rm the pulley are a strong arm and a good set of wrenches. Unless I am wrong, the seal is pried off and the new sea reinstalled (pushed in) using the end of a similar size tube or skt. At least thats what the Haynes manual says.
At this point I am more concerned about the removal and re-placement of the "damper". I read in another forum that it is sensitive to orientation/positioning. Not really familiar with what the damper looks like.
T.G. you sound like you've done this b4. Do you mind emailing me more info at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com? Thanks
Done it very many years ago - in the '50s so I'm just cautioning you to "know before you go" lest it can't be correctly reassembled for lack of a tool etc.