MB C220 Secondary Air Pump

The scanner points to the secondary air pump (P0411) as the cause of my check engine light. Has someone experienced this and did replacing the air pump solve the problem. I realize this is just an emissions thing and does
not really adversely affect the car's performance. but I might want to tinker with it sometime.
I am guessing this is a fairly common issue with many MBs. My car has 270K miles and I don't think the air pump has ever been replaced.