MB E 320 CDI normal engine temperature

Hi,

I was driving a 2003(/8) E 320 CDI at low temperature (0 Celcius). At low speed (60 to 100 km/h) the engine temperature raised to 100 Celcius, going down to 95 when idling. The car had less than 10 000 km on the meter.

My own, 2003(/3) E 320 CDI engine temperature hardly reaches 80 degrees Celcius at similar conditions (heater boosters switched off).

Any changes in the thermostat from 03/2003 to 08/2003? Which one is defective? An older W210 E 320 CDI (11/2000) that I've been driving, behaves much like mine.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Me

Have you taken it to the dealer...it should still be under warranty. If they say it is normal (perhaps the higher temp helps in giving better milage?) then others will let you know if it is normal. 100C is not outlandishly high.

Reply to
Robert C B

This seems wrong to me. Should be hotter idling...

This is what I have seen also in my 190e. 80 or a hair above is normal operating. Thermostat on fan for HOT is 110C.

Reply to
Martin Joseph