MB in U.K.

Hi folks, Having looked through some of the postings, I'm beginning to be a little wary of my new job. Currently a Vauxhall technician who is changing to Mercedes-Benz in the U.K. What sort of problems can I expect? Any owners who seem to have "common" problems, I would be interested to hear from. Especially the new'er models. I dont start for a week, so please post any and all of your thoughts or comments. Any comments from "tech's" would be especially welcome Thanks for any reply's Regards Bilko130

Reply to
Bilko130

Might I suggest that this board may not be a "representative sampling" of MB owner-experiences? Like many such forums, a high percentage of folks come here with problems or repair advice. I do nearly all repairs on our family's various Mercedes and find them extremely well built machines that are a pleasure to work on (even compared to our BMW and Volvo).

commentary: you've probably got more to be wary with the dealer than with the cars :^)

Scott D

Reply to
Scott D

make sure and ask your boss something like "so if we're charging the customers £80 an hour for service ... how come i'm only getting paid £9 an hour?"

Reply to
atwifa

They are nice cars to work on (well, most of em) diagnostic software is pretty good and easy to pick up. WIS (workshop information) isn't very user friendly but once you get your head round it then you can usually find what you want.

Changing brands must seem pretty daunting, but don't be put off by the things you see posted here. Its very rare things go wrong on the newer models that require hours and hours of pulling your hair out to sort out and assuming you are going to be working with a decent bunch of technicians you should be fine.

Which dealership you going to?

Reply to
miknik

Have a chat with the parts department. You will find out their best selling products (common probelmS).

Keith Beast E14 4NS Docklands

"Bilko130" ??? news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com ???...