MB Parts prices

Every time I go to my local MB stealer I get another shock on parts pricing on older models. The cruise control module for my '81 300D is over $900 and
is nothing more than a single component board. Anyone know where to get one of those testers that simply plugs onto the 10-pin connector? Also, those little check valves in the vacuum system near the firewall (mine has two) are now over $40 each. Can't be more than 6 cents worth of plastic in those things. Time to hit the dismantlers and stock up on some parts. What I don't use I can probably retire on by hitting eBay.
I buy my parts online... a whole lotta cheaper than dealer... I basically pays what dealer pays for their parts... otherwise, it is wholesale prices.
Rebuilt cruise controls are sold by three companies... all listed at mbcoupes.com under parts supplier.
There are several on-line parts vendors - not as cheap as salvage yards, but their parts are new.
Also, several cruise control rebuilders are available as well.
These guys will help you troubleshoot and also are rebuilders of several electronic MB pieces. http://www.gdl-online.com/begin.html Good luck, Doug
Buying parts at the dealership, unless you're in the trade, is like going grocery shopping at the airport . . . make that Narita Airport . . . Dealership economics is complex, and MBUSA's "retail" price reflects enough margin incentive to encourage the dealerships to maintain a reasonably stocked parts department. If a dealership is charging over the MSRP for parts, then that's just being greedy.