MB repeat owners?

Amen! (But, keep your fingers crossed!)

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

LS 400 & LS 430 no i can't afford one but i drive a friends often. they NEVER SEE the shop

you could not hear the 400 when it was running. to bad for the starter as it always got ground into an already spinning flywheel.

NOW about my MBs

82 240 / 82 300SD / 84 300SD now thats the way MBs should be! all three having over 250,000 miles and cold AC.

the C Class destroyed MB!

case

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
IF YOU CAN'T SWIM DON'T JUMP IN

I've had a 1999 S420 since the beginning of the year. Starmark covered. 38k miles on it. Some defective idiot light a few months back -- covered under the warranty. Other than that not one problem. This baby puts a big smile on my face every time I drive it, along with jealous stares from Lexus owners.

As for the caddy bashers -- I also have a '95 STS. Otherwise known as a 4 door Corvette. My everyday car. Cuts through snow like a knife through butter. Caddy did their homework with THIS car. I can't speak for the other Caddies out there but I love mine. I actually prefer the looks of the pre-1998 STS models also.

Tony

Reply to
Tonyny44

Re: MB repeat owners? As for the caddy bashers -- I also have a '95 STS. Otherwise known as a

4 door Corvette. My everyday car. Cuts through snow like a knife through butter. Caddy did their homework with THIS car. I can't speak for the other Caddies out there but I love mine. I actually prefer the looks of the pre-1998 STS models also. Tony

yes that reminds me of the good old days of my 73 OLDS TORNADO . the snow plows were behind me

case

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
IF YOU CAN'T SWIM DON'T JUMP IN

Actually, the 190 did much to destroy the Mercedes reputation long before the C class.

Reply to
B. Newman

I really hate Toyota (Lexus) personally, I am thinking my next car will be Honda Legend or Accord Euro. If MB keeps its quality today for another 10 years, MB will certainly die like UK car industry.

A MB Owner Keith Beast E14 4NS Docklands

"B. Newman" news:K17jb.772210$YN5.756621@sccrnsc01 ...

Why do you hate Lexus/Toyota? Every survey ever done shows them to be the best quality.

message

Reply to
B. Newman

I have had several MB's over the years, 14 total. My latest being a 1998 C230 (purchased 1 year old). I was a good car, but It had it's issues with electrical, and expensive service intervals. $500.00 for a oil change service? I got sick and tired of the lack of quality and maintance prices. I sold it because I needed an SUV, then bought a brand-new Jeep Liberty after looking at the ML, then bought a 1985 500SEL for my MB fix. Speaking of service costs, what I paid $500.00 or the MB service interval, I paid only $55.00 for my Jeep!

I love the 500SEL. Simple, straightforward, and a one owner with only 81,000 documented miles! At this point in time, I will not even consider a new MB. That's why I bought the Jeep. Service costs are cheap, quality is actually better than the ML320. This is truley sad time in MB history! Hope they can recover!

Reply to
VIPERS969

"B. Newman" hat in Betrag news:LOvjb.785135 $Ho3.210464@sccrnsc03 dies gedichtet:

Maybe car enthusiasts look for more than failure-free assembly. I never saw a Lexus which I liked. They either look like mediocre Mercedes copies or they look plain ugly IMHO. My dad drives a '93 Toyota Camry. This car never breaks, but it does not have neither soul nor style. Camrys are not very popular in Germany, but this car is best for escaping from a bank robbery: It is fast and reliable, and the eye witnesses won't be able to tell the police the band of the car.

It is funny: If my dad would decide that he wants to sell his Camry, maybe I would make him a competitive offer, because I know, that it is a good car. But I would never get the idea of buying just a Toyota instead of something else.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

Indeed! ==:-(((

Yes, they will - but as over-ambitious loudmouth Schrempp will be CEO for another period of time it will take much longer than necessary.

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

At least Jeep is owned by the same corporation.

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

I agree it has the best quality. I don't hate all Japanese car, I don't know why Toyota gives me the dislike feeling. Perhaps I heard too many positive side about Toyota or it just like Microsoft (some people hate it because its too big). Or simply I don't like Toyota's marketing here always takes its advantage comparing with the others shortage.

I own MBs recently (5 years) but I still have my first car in this country, Honda accord 1.6L 1983, in my garage ready. Honda is a car maker makes good cars silently and does not exaggerate its products. I like their marketing scheme here -- price is not negotiable.

I drove my friend's GS 300 last week, although it has almost the same luxury features of a S class, I couldn't feel its a luxury car. Even it is a really safe car, it did not give me the safe feeling. The handling is simply like a Trueno (Corolla?).

This is totally my opinion.

Keith Beast E14 4NS Docklands

"B. Newman" news:LOvjb.785135$Ho3.210464@sccrnsc03