MB Tex

Anyone have a Mercedes with MB Tex interior ? Just want to know what you thing of it. I am tough on a car and only keep them 2-3 years so I hate to spend $1500.00 more on leather.

It's plastic but it's ok, and it's very tough.
Not as nice as leather, but more durable for sure.
Marty
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:40:28 GMT,
had to open a new box of zerones to say:

My MB Tex is 21 years old and still in excellent condition... What are you doing with/to your cars that constitutes tough treatment... Maybe it's time to pick up a pickup...
<! -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- > zenit

I have had three Benzes with it and an S class with leather. I love the stuff compared to leather. It always looks good; breathes and is easily maintained.
Tex is not like the cheap looking leatherette that they put into stripper Bimmers.
Save your money; your friends will think it is leather.
Rick R.
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:07:03 GMT, rikoski wrote:

???????? Say What ????????? Mike
--
W126 300SE
W115 220/8

I had a '80 W123 240D with MB Tex (former Taxicab) and I covered the seats with aftermarket seat covers made out of cotton, because I did not like it at all. From what I have read about cars for the US market, it seems that the leather for the US cars appears to be far more "artificial" and slippery than the leather used in Europe. This also seems to be valid for cars like the M-class, which are made in the USA (even the cars for the german market). IMHO MB-Tex is not compatible with the current german taste, as long as we do not talk about commercial transportation vehicles.
Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance

Are you sure it's cars for the US market and not just US cars? American cars definitley use a different (cheaper) leather than german cars, but the german cars here seem to have the same leather as in Europe. Richard

From german reviews of the Mercedes M clas I hae heard that they seem to use the same "slippery" leather in the US market and in the german market.
Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance
It is a long time ago now so I don't recall exactly how it was but my dad had a W123 250 with MB Tex. I don't recall disliking it and it suited his lack of interest in maintaining his car...
Anyway, MB Tex today might be a different formulation to 20+ years ago. Somebody needs check with MB...
DAS
81 300 td - MB tex is perfect! I don't find it uncomfortable at all...
After seeing all these replys, I have to ask... are you buying new? If so, then go with what feels good to you now. What I have is 20+ years old. It's not the same stuff as what is currently available. If it's going to be new, spend the money. You're going to get rid of it in a couple years anyway.
Larry In the back yard, under the oak.
If you have kids and/or a dog, MB-Tex is a must have.
On 11/17/04 7:40 PM, in article 0cSmd.419288$D%.256514@attbi_s51, "Larry"