MB100D

Any on e have any thoughts on the MB100D Van. Good stories or problems. I know you are mainly into cars but have been looking at a van and haven't a clue. Thanks in advance. Bryan

Reply to
Bryan

Having tried it before, the Asian version & not the original Spanish version, i find the in-line 5 cylinder OM 602 diesel engine fairly 'refined' & sounds somewhat like those 5-cylinder petrol engines in Audi cars ! Not bad considering it's a normally aspirated diesel w/ 2-valve head !

I also found the suspension fairly comfortable, even @ the extreme rear ! It seems better than on the Sprinter & quite close to that of the (non air-suspended) Vito. Interior noise, vibration & harshness levels close to passenger car levels i.e. things are on the 'quiet' side.

The 'negative' qualities i notice (on the Asian version) would be the somewhat Japanese styling (which i clearly do NOT like !) & the use of FWD, which quite clearly to me does not make too much sense since much of the load is exerted over the rear portion of the van !

Overall, i find the M-B 100 D a fairly competent vehicle & definitely superior to whatever which emerges from the Japanese & Korean makes but still not as desirable as the Sprinter or Vito, which have more of the 'usual' Mercedes qualities !

Bryan wrote:

Reply to
House of Chin

Thanks for your opinion, will probably get one soon. Cheers Bryan

Spanish

2-valve head

use

since