MECEDES E320 Cdi 1999 Cruise Control Problem

MERECDES E320 CDi 1999 (UK)

Hi! Y?all. Thanks for your help so far.

My main problems seem to have been resolved with the change of the Air Mass Sensor.

From time to time still getting;

Code 130 CAN comms with control unit N15/5 (electronic selector lever module control unit) intermittent disturbance

and

Code :P1856-005 Selector lever position detection failed.

and

Code: P1664-002 Electric Heater Booster equipment fault

.... MB letting these ride for a while to check if they return.

The main thing I notice is that the cruise control backs off suddenly when at speeds over 55 mph .... it will set .... run for a while ... then suddenly back off .... resume and reset both get it back again ... but if you try this too many times it backs off totally and will not set .... until you switch of and start again.

Still the best car I have ever had ... when it goes it goes great!

Thanks again all/any ideas welcome.

Reply to
grandad

You say it "backs off" - you mean it quits and needs to be reset or falls back to some lower speed?

If it simply quits I'd suspect its circuit board has a cracked solder connection. But check its fuse before doing anything with the CC unit.

There are CC rebuilders who know these components and can repair them.

Reply to
Take A Guess

Are you referring to some W124 type of CC repair? This is a W210, a modern car and I don't think it would have a separate circuit board for CC and if the computer(s) taking care of the CC functionality would have circuit board issues, the car should have problems running generally. Please clarify if you are familiar with this W210 issue.

Reply to
Me

Hi!

UK 1999 E320 CDi model diesel 3200ltr engine

It quits ...and needs reset or resume ...you can repeat this a few times before it quits totally....OK (with same fault) after switch off/on of engine.

This currently ... is the only known permanent problem ...

... as if one of the sensors involved in CC is unhappy ...do we know all those involved ....got brake pedal switch got air mass sensor .what else?

MB saying connected with fault codes but they are not permanent

regard

"Take A Guess" wrote

Reply to
grandad

I checked with someone who knows about the modern CC systems. The new CC function is integrated into the engine control system. So, in this owner's car, the engine codes should lead to the CC fault.

Reply to
Take A Guess