mecedes import to canada

Does anyone know the cost to convert the bumpers on a 1996 560sl from American specs to Canadian specs

Reply to
randy

Except for the minor differences and variations, Canadian specifications are very identical to US ones. I think you mean the ECE specifications which called for thinner bumpers rather than the massive 'underbite' bumpers on the North American edition.

Are you referr> Does anyone know the cost to convert the bumpers on a 1996 560sl from

Reply to
OM

A new take on English?

Didn't know about degrees of identity/identicalness...

:-)

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Huh? They're different.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Yes, Canadian bumper specs are 8 km/h ( 5 Mph) while US specs are 3 Mph. Another kicker is that most recent Mercedes cars are ineligible for import from the US. Check the RIV website (

). Theineligibility is not due to convertability problems but Mercedes'refusal to do it. And the government takes their cue from them.Any cars 15 years older or older are no problem because you do nothave to go through the RIV.

Reply to
Mr. Elbe

Hehe. I'm about to pick up my 89 300E from the US and bring it into the Canadian side of things. Should be an interesting ordeal. :)

Reply to
Magnus