mecedes import to canada

Does anyone know the cost to convert the bumpers on a 1996 560sl from American specs to Canadian specs

Except for the minor differences and variations, Canadian specifications are very identical to US ones. I think you mean the ECE specifications which called for thinner bumpers rather than the massive 'underbite' bumpers on the North American edition.
Are you referring to 1986 R107 rather than 1996 R129 version? The 560SL production ceased in 1989 following the introduction of R129.
randy wrote:

A new take on English?
Didn't know about degrees of identity/identicalness...
:-)
DAS
"OM" < snipped-for-privacy@none.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@pcisys.net...

Huh? They're different.
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:00:13 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@vrx.news (Richard Sexton) wrote:

Yes, Canadian bumper specs are 8 km/h ( 5 Mph) while US specs are 3 Mph. Another kicker is that most recent Mercedes cars are ineligible for import from the US. Check the RIV website ( http://www.riv.ca/ ). The ineligibility is not due to convertability problems but Mercedes' refusal to do it. And the government takes their cue from them. Any cars 15 years older or older are no problem because you do not have to go through the RIV.
Hehe. I'm about to pick up my 89 300E from the US and bring it into the Canadian side of things. Should be an interesting ordeal. :)