merc 190E non starter

If your mechanic is so great, why are you shopping for parts? He should know where to get a good deal on these. Sure he will double the price, but that's how it works. You gotta pay if you want to play.

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Marty, you are absolutley right, herewith I publicly apologize to the Champion spark plug CO, I was incorrect re the quality of their plugs.

Meanwhile I have tracked down the real problem, and it was not ionized air as someone suggested .... although I did follow up on that for a bit. It was the resistor inside the boot that goes over the plug. Now, if anyone has replaced their id their ignition wiring lately, I would love to buy these from them to find maybe a couple of good ones to replace mine. Any help much appreciated

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz