Merc 300TE (W124) lights weirdness

Hello Pete M :-)
Well, picked up my new crapestate up last night. Cheapo 300TE, drives OKish enough given the purpose I bought it for (moving house) and was
cheap enough to throw it away when/if things to 'orribly wrong.
That said, it's suffering from Gremlinus Electriensis. Unless I remove the fuse that controls the rear lights, the rear lights stay on all the time as if I had the light switch set to park, even if it's set to '0'. Removing the fuse obviously cures that but it's a bit annoying to say the least. My guess is it's got a duff headlight switch, any of the resident experts care to comment?
Oh, and it also seems to have an earthing problem with the rear lights that I need to look at...
--
Timo Geusch
'92 Nissan Skyline GTS-T | Mercedes 300TE 4-matic
pool man wrote:

That was my plan for this weekend, if I don't have to go to work.