Merc 300TE (W124) lights weirdness

Hello Pete M :-)

Well, picked up my new crapestate up last night. Cheapo 300TE, drives OKish enough given the purpose I bought it for (moving house) and was cheap enough to throw it away when/if things to 'orribly wrong.

That said, it's suffering from Gremlinus Electriensis. Unless I remove the fuse that controls the rear lights, the rear lights stay on all the time as if I had the light switch set to park, even if it's set to '0'. Removing the fuse obviously cures that but it's a bit annoying to say the least. My guess is it's got a duff headlight switch, any of the resident experts care to comment?

Oh, and it also seems to have an earthing problem with the rear lights that I need to look at...

Reply to
Timo Geusch

bad ground i would bet make all your ground straps are tight

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man

That was my plan for this weekend, if I don't have to go to work.

Reply to
Timo Geusch