Merc B-Class

Merc B-Class launched at the Geneva Motor Show

AGAIN NO UPRIGHT STAR. Grrrrr.

DAS

B Class: Mercedes Compact Sports Tourer

It is no secret that Mercedes is the driving force behind DaimlerChrysler (in 2003, it made a profit of 3.1 billion euros). This is why Mercedes is permanently garnering projects and renewing its range, with 10 major new models expected by 2008. The Mercedes B Class project was already introduced at the Paris International Motor Show (under the name of Vision B), and positions the German manufacturer in the compact people carrier market, in direct competition with the Renault Scénic, Vauxhall/Opel Zafira and Ford Focus C-Max. Big brother of the A Class, this new people carrier will be 43 cm/17 in longer (4.27 m/14 ft in total) but no more than 1.60 m/5.2 ft high, hence the more sporty aerodynamics. It will have a spacious boot (525 dm3/18.5 ft3) and a cabin with room for 5, with a panoramic glass sunroof and dual-zone automatic air conditioning. Modularity, on the other hand, is a little disappointing since the back seats are not independent and you have to make do with a standard bench seat.

[...]

Dori A Schmetterling

WHY can't we det the A-class in the U.S.?

Reply to
Randall Brink

Rumor has it that we won't get the B-Class here, either.

Reply to
Rodney T. Grill

George Bush has a "strong dollar" policy, haven't you heard?

Someday maybe.

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Maybe instead of politics, it actually has to do with MBZ's marketing strategy in the US. The A-Class did not fit, and finally someone woke up and realized the B-Class did not, either.

Reply to
Rodney T. Grill

--------------------------------------

Would have sworn that I saw a TV news report indicating that the A class was coming. In the mean time, some group independent of MBUSA was certifying the cars and bringing them in. Anyone else see this?

DS

Reply to
DFS

ZAP of Santa Rosa, California is selling the fully homologated smart ForTwo here in the USA. So far have over 3.500 units been ordered since its introduction last November.

It is very possible that a registered importer is petiti>>WHY can't we det the A-class in the U.S.?

Reply to
OM

According to DC, they were planning to start importing the B class this year ('05) but due to the strength of the euro relative to the dollar this strategy became untenable.

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Ask the marketing director of Mercedes-Benz passenger cars division.

Try Stuttgart switchboard telephone +49 711-170.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

No class. The C230K is low brow enough.

cp