merc heater problem

My heater has stopped working altogether. at first it would come on after driving for awhile. now has stopped altogetther. I have changed the blower/motor.worked for a few days and then stopped . I have had motor tested. Any suggestions (please) most welcome Many thanks Steve

Reply to
tazman123

Oh... TG would know this... fan resistor pack thing.

Reply to
Tiger

You have to give more detail on the problem. Do you have the automatic or the manual system?

Is the fan the only problem?

Is there heat but just no forced air?

Paul

tazman123 wrote:

heav

Also what type and year Benz? did you check the voltage regulator? Did you cycle the CCU? Does your heat have an aux pump? How is engine temp? More info and youll get better answers.

Jason

Reply to
macdrone

Hi Tiger,

Any more news on the heater problems??? Two days to Xmas and my E Class heater has just packed up !! Blower still working but no heat. Any help would be appreciated as all the dealers are now closed and the car is an Ice Box

"Tiger" wrote

Reply to
chrislbn

I had the same problem, had to replace the thermal control. It?s on the firewall just behind the transmission fluid stick

"tazman123" wrote

Reply to
Kathy23805