Merc service

The prennial subject.
About a couple of weeks ago I posted a report of decent service at Mercedes Benz London (Park Royal). Today I went back as something small
discovered/damaged last time had to be fixed. The work was to be done while I waited.
I also asked them to have a go at polishing out some scratches on the paint and plastic strip on both sides I had caused in a silly little encounter with my garage gates. Merc had sent me an official quotation for about GBP 2 000 to repair this.
Within about 75 min of being seen by the adviser the minor fault had been fixed, the scratches largely polished out to the point of invisibility and the car washed. No charge.
Looks pretty good to me.
DAS CLK 320 Cab black metallic
Is Park Royal owned by Mercedes or are they an independent delaer?
.
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

By Merc. In recent times Merc took over/bought out all independent dealers in the three major cities London, Manchester and Birmingham. It looks like there has been a major investment in these dealerships.
The Park Royal location, a new one, is more convenient for me than the previous one in west London I was using (which was always owned by Merc). Park Royal is a pure service station, and the shift was easy since all London dealers are on the same computer system.
Merc has also taken direct control of a lot of used car sales under Mercedes Direct.
I don't know how much effect on service quality it has had as the franchised dealer I used to use in the outer reaches of south-east London was not bad.
Merc service in the UK does attract some negative press from motoring journalists and acquaintances reported service issues connected with their ML (which I mentioned in a post a little while ago), so maybe this is an attempt to rectify this.
It will take a while to see the results.
DAS