Merc UK service prices reduction!

I just had my first B Service on my CLK W208 (at 20 400 miles and 2 months short of 4 years).

(Just shows you how little I drive!)

Because of the low mileage the trip computer started counting the days to service -- instead of miles -- at some point.

The cost should have been, so to speak, just over GBP 500. However, MB UK have introduced a notional membership scheme for cars over three years old, i.e. out of UK warranty, that offers substantial prices reductions.

Just register your car with the central database and you get 20% off labour and 10% off parts. This resulted in a final service bill of GBP 426.51 incl

17.5% VAT. Seems quite reasonable to me. The standard job-time was 3.4 h. Lucky I noticed the leaflet at the start of my visit so that I could organise the registration immediately.

I waited in the garage during the service and the job indeed took about that time. The car came back washed, of course.

When I discussed the scheme with one of the service team managers he freely admitted that the aim is to keep people from going to independents.

This discount applies to cars being serviced by MB-owned dealerships, which are mainly (solely?) in the main metropolitan areas. The administrator at the call centre had no info about the franchises.

Seems a pretty good package to me. Isn't it?

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

I am wondering what is included in this service other then oil changing, air cleaner, passenger compartment air filter?

Sounds like a lot to pay.... I wonder what they did?

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Quite a lot. I saw the ticked worksheets. Plus, the schedule is in the service book. Of course a number of the jobs are straightforward such as checking lights and windscreen wiper functions.

But there is also the greasing of various points... I have to look it up.

The labour is charged for 3.4 h, IIRC.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling