Mercedes 190 2.0 economy

How should the fuel economy be on a 1989 Mercedes 190 2.0?

Thanks Martin

---------------------------------------------- Can you sell a website?

snipped-for-privacy@freeAsTheBird.com

Reply to
Martin Christensen

"Martin Christensen" haute in die Tasten:

It depends on your driving conditions and on the type of gearbox. Highway driving at speeds of 120 kph or lower may give you some 8.5 litres/100 km. City driving may require 10 litres/100 km. If the car is equipped with an automatic gearbox, you may add one litre.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

With mixed driving I used to get, IIRC, maybe 26 mpg with my 1993 190E automatic. Now, with 1000 miles p.a. of mainly short town journeys I hate to think...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Imperial gallon.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

My GF just topped up the tank of her 'new' 1988 2.0 automatic 190E (injection) for the second time and she'd used 1:10.2 (10.2 kms per liter).

Ximinez

Reply to
The Spanish Inquisition

I was wondering where have you been. The NG hasn't heard from you in quite a while.

Hernando

Reply to
Hernando Correa

Well, I've been in Spain for a few weeks, believe it or not. ;) Lanzarote, which is actually full of old w123, w201 and w124's.

Ximinez

Reply to
The Spanish Inquisition

Welcome back!

Reply to
Hernando Correa

Huh. What kind of shape are the cars in over there?

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Thanks :)

Ximinez

Reply to
The Spanish Inquisition

Some look very good, while others are all dented and rusty. I looked at a few odometers and even the really old w123's didn't seem to have that many miles (200 to 300 thousand kilometers) probably because the island isn't that big. There were also lots of w124 taxis, many 200D and 250D. Didn't look at the odometers on those. Not a lot of w116's and w126's.

Ximinez

Reply to
The Spanish Inquisition