Mercedes 190E Automatic transmission

Help gearbox is using loads of transmission fluid had vacum chamber valve changed. fluid not leaking out but would appear to be getting in engine and into pistons as smokes like hell,I am really stumbed as would appear
garage as well am throwing car back at them as put new chamber vacum valve on has returned back no better so would appriciate some guidance so can point garage in the write direction befor have to take out a 2nd morgage to pay for there think its this oh no must be this approach.......
Many Thanks Martin
Mmm... are you telling me they changed the vacuum modulator on the transmission and it still sucked ATF through the vacuum line? No freaking way. This is the classic vacuum modulator problem and once changed with a new one, it should not lose any more fluid to vacuum system.
Thanks Tiger Well I am telling you that, they have it back at garage and theyare saying perhaps faulty part, say they put a whole new box that houses valve and did not just change valve, if it is not a faulty unit is there any other way that fluid can get across to engine Cheers Martin
There is zero other way for automatic transmission fluid to get into the engine intake manifold. The vacuum modulator valve is the only way ATF fluid could get to the engine when defective.
Thanks Tiger , sorted prob was a dective part fitted, so all is well
Martin