Mercedes 1980 240D seat

I have a 1980 240D with a bad drivers side seat. Not electrical. Can anyone tell me what years use the same seats?

Thanks, in advance

Reply to
Boris

|| I have a 1980 240D with a bad drivers side seat. Not electrical. Can || anyone tell me what years use the same seats? || || Thanks, in advance

123 and 126 have the same base (same MB part number) also passenger/driver seat bases are identical. best to find a good passenger base and swap.

Des

Reply to
Des

You lost me a little :)

The entire seat is only $25 at the junk yard. I assume that it's only 4 bolts holding it on? BTW, the seat is OK, it's the back that is no good. The junk yard will tell me what years they have in stock. I'm looking to find out what years they used the same seat?

Thanks.

PS - I don't understand "123 and 126".

passenger/driver

Reply to
Boris

"Boris" haute in die Tasten:

123 stands for the W123 Body, which stands for the Mercedes 200 - 280E, produced from 1976 to 1984/85. 126 stands for the W126 Body, which stands for the Mercedes 280S - 560SEL, produced from (approx) 1980 to 1990.

This means that the poster claims that the seat bases of a Mercedes 240D and a Mercedes S Class of the '80s are the same. I do not know if that is true. The seats are definitely not the same.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

|| "Boris" haute in die Tasten: || ||| PS - I don't understand "123 and 126". ||| || || 123 stands for the W123 Body, which stands for the Mercedes 200 - || 280E, produced from 1976 to 1984/85. || || 126 stands for the W126 Body, which stands for the Mercedes 280S - || 560SEL, produced from (approx) 1980 to 1990. || || This means that the poster claims that the seat bases of a Mercedes || 240D and a Mercedes S Class of the '80s are the same. I do not know || if that is true. The seats are definitely not the same. || This information was found on the web, but was confirmed at my local merc dealer parts department as the same part number! remember the seat base is only one part of the seat but it is the part that usually goes on the drivers side. There are the runners etc as well which are going to be different in a 126 model. I went to a breakers and found a good passengers seat base out of a low mileage 123 and swapped it with my knackered drivers seat base on my high mileage 123 300d, 240,000 miles easy enough though it took a couple of hours. When it was done ...bliss!!!!

Des

Reply to
Des

In the USA, all 77 to 85 123 body seats are the same except for the material. Leather or MB-Tex. Driver and passenger seats are different, the seat belt rail and seat adjustment mechanisms are not switchable from left to right.

Reply to
Karl