Mercedes 1980 240D seat

I have a 1980 240D with a bad drivers side seat. Not electrical. Can anyone tell me what years use the same seats?
Thanks, in advance

Could it have been Boris who typed:
|| I have a 1980 240D with a bad drivers side seat. Not electrical. Can || anyone tell me what years use the same seats? || || Thanks, in advance
123 and 126 have the same base (same MB part number) also passenger/driver seat bases are identical. best to find a good passenger base and swap.
Des
You lost me a little :)
The entire seat is only $25 at the junk yard. I assume that it's only 4 bolts holding it on? BTW, the seat is OK, it's the back that is no good. The junk yard will tell me what years they have in stock. I'm looking to find out what years they used the same seat?
Thanks.
PS - I don't understand "123 and 126".

Can
passenger/driver

123 stands for the W123 Body, which stands for the Mercedes 200 - 280E, produced from 1976 to 1984/85.
126 stands for the W126 Body, which stands for the Mercedes 280S - 560SEL, produced from (approx) 1980 to 1990.
This means that the poster claims that the seat bases of a Mercedes 240D and a Mercedes S Class of the '80s are the same. I do not know if that is true. The seats are definitely not the same.
Frank

Could it have been Frank Kemper who typed:
Des
In the USA, all 77 to 85 123 body seats are the same except for the material. Leather or MB-Tex. Driver and passenger seats are different, the seat belt rail and seat adjustment mechanisms are not switchable from left to right.