Mercedes 2005 500SL Resetting service counter

Mercedes 2005 500SL Resetting service counter
My car is just out of the warranty and the dealer charges more than $400 for the 2 tool service. The dealer told me that I don't have to go to them to have the work
done. I contacted an ordinary garage for the oil and the filter change and was told they can do the job but resetting the computer must be done as per the owners manual. I can't fine any instructions on the manual.
Any suggestions? Thanks
John

How about going to a indy MB mechanic. There are very good indy mechanics out there. Or if you a DIY, get the MB shop manual - that will show you how to do this.
Good luck,
Oskar