mercedes 230ce coup

my centeral locking has stopped working any idea's

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
bricklayer

It works on vacuum so it is not getting vacuum to the solenoids. Hopefully it is simple like a hose came off. If one of the solenoids failed it could cause enough leakage for the whole system to not work. Does the seat back locking work?

Start by looking under the hood near the master cylinder looking for loose hoses.

Reply to
Commuter

It's vacuum powered so I'd say there's no vacuum. You need to find the leak.

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach

Sounds like you got a W123 chassis. Chances are that your vacuum pump has died.

Reply to
Tiger

The 230ce is a gasoline car. It uses engine vacuum to operate the locks. At least on the W123. I don't know about the 230ce that came out after 1985.

Reply to
Commuter

I don't know any Mercedes that uses engine vacuum to operate the door lock. All MB has electric vacuum pump that is usually in the spare tire well.

What year is your car?

Reply to
Tiger

On my w124 the pump is underneath the rear seat. On the right side.

X.

Reply to
Ximinez