Mercedes 260E 1991

Hi,

I recently purchased one. Right after startup for 1-3 min when it is all right, then for about 10-15 min until it warms up till 80 degrees C it does not really want to accelerate - pushing the gas does not change a thing. Ater that it runs fine.

Any idea?

Greetings Remik

Reply to
zebra64

The engine is running too lean for its warm-up temperature. The cold start system is fine, but not the warm up. It's OK at 80 degrees C. so don't adjust the fuel injection.

I don't know the specific engine so the following ideas are more theory than actual "fix it" knowledge.

If this engine has a warm air duct as part of its air intake, perhaps a temperature controlled duct from a small "stove" on the exhaust manifold, I'd check its operation.

But, if not, then its warm up regulator is the place to look.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach