Mercedes 260E: electrical problem

Hi, I have an 88 260E. Engine coolant temperature, engine oil pressure and RPM meters died yesterday. Also a little buzz comes up any time I turn the key to driving position. Every fuse in the fuse box looks just fine (unless there are hidden that I know of). I'm afraid stop-and-go driving might oveheat the engine since the temperature sensor fails, the auxilary fan won't start. Has anyone had the same prolem? Thanks for reading my post.

Reply to
TVU

Check your fuses with a test light. No matter how good they look, the one for the gauges is BAD!

Reply to
Karl

Check the instrument voltage stabiliser. It is usually located somewhere on the instrument cluster circuit board.

Reply to
Stratman

Thank you so much. I found it. What a dummy I am! :)

the gauges is BAD!

Reply to
TVU