Mercedes 320ml check engine light on??

Hello,
I have a 2001 Mercedes 320ml. As I was driving I notice the engine check lights were on, so I check the engine and found that the whole air filter box was all unclamp and loose to the point of falling off. I
reclamp the 6 clamp to secure it tightly but the check engine light is still on.
My question is that if the problem was related to the air filter box by being loose? Could that cause the engine light to turn on? By driving with the filter box complete loose can that cause engine problem? I believe the dealer service didn't clamp on the air filter box tightly when they did the service II on my car.
Also is there away to check the code that is making the engine light turn on?
Any advice would be helpful before I confront Fletcher Jones Service Deptartment about the problem.
Thanks in advance.
J.D.
You can reset it by going to Autozone and borrow their OBDII scanner to reset them.

Also, if the error is with the Mass Air Flow sensor, it likely was caused by the loose air filter cover. If you don't have time to check and reset the code, you will know that it was probably the loose cover if the light resets itself after about 20-30 engine start/stop cycles. If not, then there is still an error condition that is not resolved and needs to be checked.
--

- RODNEY

thanks guys!! the light reset itself after I drove the car for a whole day.