Mercedes 500sl repair plastic front

I drove over a cement parking divider and damage the bottom of the plastic front of the car. It isn't visible but I would like to fix it. How das one glue the cracked plastic. What type of glue? Purchasing that large piece of plastic must be expensive.

Thank you for the help

John

Reply to
John, A

There are outfits that repair the plastic bumpers and usually doesn't cost too much when deliveered... meaning off the car.

Otherwise, you can try roughing up the back side of the plastic by scoring ti with a knife and sandpaper... apply polyurethane glue and another rigid backing like another roughed up plastic.

I think the better solution is to use weatherstrip adhesive... yellow or black... apply on the plastic back and apply on the another plastic for backing... let dry a bit and then stick them on.

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks a lot for taking the time to help me. I realize now that the problem is more common that I antecipated.

I also have an Acura and had a few times, to be helped by some one that calls himself "TeGGeR"on the Acura group . He is very much like you, allways ready to help in a frendly maner. I wonder if ther is any relation bettween the two.

Regards

John

Reply to
John, A

Don't know that guy... I do own an Acura but don't need to fix em...

Reply to
Tiger