Mercedes A160 Display and beeping?

Hi everybody,

I drive a Mercedes A160, and the display, where I normally see the amount of kilometers driven, amongst other things, has gone dead. I see nothing at all anymore.

Now, I thought it was a fuse, yet, I cannot find the particular fuse, not in the manual, also not looking in the fusebox itself, everything looks normal.

This would not be too much of a problem, but now the car beeps every now and then. 15 alarm beeps is the best way to describe it. Since I cannot read the display, I have no idea what is going on, but I don=B4t like it.

Being in Monaco, where one charges you 150 euro for looking out of the window, I thought I=B4d stop by and ask if anybody has any suggestions for me, before I take it to the garage, because I would really like to solve this problem myself (budgetwise).

Any suggestions?

TIA,

Alamo

Reply to
Alamo

Drive to Nice and save 50%...?...

Just make sure the police don't notice the lack of speed display...(he said helpfully).

:-) DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

It is usually the backlight globe that is blown. The globe is cheap but it is not easy to replace and requires the removal of the instrument panel. I would suggest an auto electrician if MB is too expensive or you find it too difficult. Try the A class forums for some further advice - 'baby-benz' & svc.com (google them). The beeps might be that your service schedule is due which is indicated in this panel that you cannot see. Jim

Alamo wrote:

Reply to
James Black