Mercedes and Phone Bluetooth

I have a new CLK with the bluetooth module installed for hands free phone. I am not a fan of using phones while driving but I get alot of emergency calls. In every other bluetooth equipped car I have used (BMW, variety of GM cars) once the phone is registered whenever you get back in the car the car and phone link automatically and receive incoming calls. Totally reliable, bulletproof, works with any brand of bluetooth equipped phone. Not so for Mercedes: sometimes it works as it should. Unfortunately much of the time unless I activate the system manually incoming calls will not automatically activate the bluetooth system in the car. Seeing how technologically backward Mercedes is about how Bluetooth is even installed in their cars I wonder if others have the same experience. If I had not seen how far behind Mercedes is about bluetooth technology I would not have believed it. Otherwise love the car.

Reply to
babaloo

I hope you pull over before talking, so someone doesn't have to make an emergency call about you or someone you hit!

Reply to
Lloyd

babaloo meinte am 18.08.07 :

I've got one in my e class S211 Facelift and it works fine. There are compatibility lists available at Mercedes Benz. On thing is important: your phone should have SAP (Sim Access Protocol), but not every phone, having SAP works together with the Bluetooth phone of Mercedes. Check the compatibility list!

Reply to
Martin Bergien